How to find an automated solution as an alternative to manual collection of the residues at the bottom of the tanks'. Second to the mixing of crude oil, this was the main reason why we conceived, designed and produced the Sarfo system.
This innovative system consists of two phases carried out simultaneously:
- left/right movement of the dreg transfer system
- automatic inversion of the moving collection bulkhead.
The moving bulkhead opens a gap in a left/right direction, continuously feeding the residue transfer systems on the caterpillar platform. These systems can be a progressive cavity pump and/or a vacuum pipe. Other systems can be used, such as:
- a multi-jet nozzle for cleaning the tank bottom;
- thickness measuring instruments;
- scrapers for breaking up the solid residues;
- systems for hydro-scarification of the layers of reinforced concrete;
- simultaneous suction of residues;
The "sarfo" system is a hydraulically powered crawler platform for which it is completely "atex". The particular modular construction of the "Sarfo" system allows an easy disassembly / reassembly of all the components, to introduce it in environments with access gaps of minimum dimensions ø 500 mm.
The waste transfer rate is determined by the specification of the pumping and suction systems attached to the Sarfo system.
The following can be attached:
- vacuum pipes max ø 200mm
- outlet pipes max ø 150mm
The performance of the hydrodynamic cleaning and concrete hydro-scarification is determined by the specification of the high-pressure pumps. The Sarfo system supports recoil forces of up to 250 kg.